Supporting Clinical Workflow — Focusing on Patient Care
Clinicians capture thousands of clinical images and videos every year. Health care organisations need an efficient way to ensure medical content is safely stored, but still easily accessible for consultations, procedure reviews, teaching and quality initiatives.
Our products allow clinicians to capture full-HD medical images and videos which can be edited, securely stored, shared, and accessed at any time from anywhere across the hospital or hospital chains.
Meeting the Challenges in the Health Care Environment
When performing complex procedures, it is essential to have the right visual information at the right time — with no distractions. Therefore, clinicians and nurses need technologies and solutions that allow them to concentrate on all the important details.
Clinicians are also increasingly reliant on IT and biomedical technicians to keep everything up and running. And as technology is becoming more central to a hospital-wide clinical collaboration system, technicians need solutions that expand clinical capabilities and do not strain the limited resources of time, money and expertise.
Learn how Olympus addresses the needs and challenges of stakeholders across the hospital.
Supporting the Changing Demands
in the Health Care Environment
- Provides exceptional image and video quality that aims to assist clincal teams.
- Integrates images and information with the HIS, PACS and VNA systems for rapid, informed decision-making.
- Supports collaboration with colleagues and patients.
- Connects clinical teams with relevant images, videos and information.
- May reduce distractions and stress with easy to use technology, enabling clinical teams to focus on the patient and procedure.
- Enables easy capturing, editing and sharing of all media files and presentations across the hospital or hospital chains to support training.
- Improves efficiency and reduces the learning curve with a single, intuitive interface.
- Reduces the burden of adding contextual labels to images and videos by allowing the clinician to select one of the pre-defined tags specific to the procedure.
- Streamlines the workflow by automatically creating video clips around key procedure milestones.
- Reduce potential for errors by automating tasks and improving standardization.
- May optimize efficiency and revenues by improving procedure room turnover time and increasing patient throughput.
- Improves patient satisfaction by providing a smooth transition into the procedure room.
- May help to increase staff retention by making the clinical experience more pleasant.
- Reducing the number of people in procedure room, thereby helps reduce the risk of patient's exposure to healthcare-acquired infections in the procedure room.
- Integrates with limited strain on storage, server and network infrastructure.
- Requires minimal effort for implementation, training, management and maintenance for all staffing levels.
- Easily integrates any procedure room image or video source and hospital-wide information systems.
- Provides hospital-grade IT security with automated security patches and virus updates.
- Supports hospital conformance by meeting the highest standards for information security and privacy.
- Protecting personal data by streaming videos which are encrypted end-to-end.
Manage Content Throughout
Olympus connects health care teams with clear visual information and collaborative insights across a wider health care environment. The scalable and innovative solution optimised for Olympus equipment and compatible with virtually any image and video source simplifies collaboration with colleagues and patients — maximising insight and efficiency before, during and after the procedure.
For detailed information please watch the video.
How Our Solutions Address Your Needs
nCare Medical Recorder
nCare is a connected medical recorder that captures full-HD images and videos from up to two surgical devices simultaneously. nCare easily, reliably and securely connects clinicians with the critical visual information they need at any time. The user-friendly solution fits nearly anywhere, from an endoscopic trolley to an equipment pendent.
The nCare recorder can be deployed as a stand-alone device or connected to hospital networks and hospital-wide information systems. Recorded visual data can be stored locally on the nCare recorder, saved externally to an encrypted USB drive, or stored securely and managed on VaultStream, a centralised medical content management system.
Access Digital Images and Videos Rapidly and Securely across the Hospital
VaultStream is a smart, centralised medical content management system that provides storage and access to recorded clinical images and videos linked to patient data across the hospital.
- Clinicians can access their images and videos with a hospital-networked PC or iPad from wherever they are through the intuitive VaultStream EasyView browser interface.
- Clinicians can be confident that case videos will be available for post-procedure editing and the patient will not need to be reimaged when using the innovative EasyPost feature.
VaultStream AutoClip and AutoLabel
VaultStream AutoClip: This feature allows users to easily create video clips of a prespecified duration at the touch of a button, enabling physicians to focus on critical moments of a procedure.
VaultStream AutoLabel: Enables further standardisation of labeling workflows by presenting clinicians with a predefined list of labels for a procedure, eliminating the need to review previously captured images to add clinical context. Hospitals and clinics can customise these AutoLabels for specific procedure types and workflows.