Australia, 09/12/20 | Press Release | Medical Systems The Next Generation of EVIS X1 Flexible Bronchoscopes Have Arrived
In April 2020, Olympus Australia & New Zealand announced the highly-anticipated launch of the EVIS X1 platform, Olympus’ most advanced endoscopy system to date, and a platform also utilised in bronchoscopy applications. Easy-to-use imaging innovations coupled with enhanced tracheobronchial access, the EVIS X1 delivers bronchoscopy solutions to help facilitate diagnosis. Accompanying the platform is the EVIS X1 1100 series of diagnostic and therapeutic bronchoscopes, which are now available in Australia and New Zealand.
Olympus EVIS X1 bronchoscopy key features
EVIS X1 aims to support advanced diagnosis and therapeutic treatment of bronchial diseases through a series of visualisation and tracheobronchial access innovations that include BAI-MAC (Brightness Adjustment Imaging with Maintenance of Contrast), Red Dichromatic Imaging (RDI), and Texture and Colour Enhancement Imaging (TXI), combined with advanced bronchoscopes with superior handing and a slimmer design.
Taking the paradox of bronchoscopy development to the next level
“I am very excited to introduce a new range of 1100 bronchoscopes to the recently launched EVIS X1 platform. This now allows Olympus to offer our most advanced end-to-end respiratory solution to date”, said Alana Bakhtadze, General Manager Medical, Olympus Australia and New Zealand.”
The EVIS X1 series of diagnostic and therapeutic bronchoscopes feature a slimmer outer diameter combined with more generous instrument channels. Coupled with the Olympus Rotation Function, this allows for improved tracheobronchial access with wider device capability and a broader diagnostic area for native HD image resolution
EVIS X1 bronchoscopy system features
- BAI-MAC: Increases the brightness of the darker, more distal anatomy. This digital brightness management feature is a fundamental improvement to visualisation in bronchoscopy and has practical relevance to every procedure performed.
- TXI: TXI imaging emphasises image contrast information by synergistically merging three different image processing algorithms, including brightness correction, colour difference expansion, and texture component emphasis processing, which may support the detection of tissue abnormalities.
- RDI: Allowing for sampling location decision support and more precise haemostasis, RDI uses three narrow light bands to provide an image of the larger vessels in the deeper airway mucosa. This new optical imaging modality may help when selecting sampling locations.
With the launch of EVIS X1, Olympus once again reaffirms its leadership in the field of bronchoscopy, building on a broad portfolio of respiratory devices and bronchoscopes that are instrumental in helping to improve efficiency and to facilitate the provision of high-quality patient care.
About EVIS X1 for Bronchoscopy
- For further information about EVIS X1, please click here
- For additional updates and engagement, please follow us on LinkedIn at: https://www.linkedin.com/company/olympus-australia-and-new-zealand/