Olympus Imaging announces the upcoming availability of its new large-aperture telephoto prime lens for the PEN and OM-D compact system camera series. The M.ZUIKO DIGITAL ED 75mm f1.8 has an equivalent focal length of a 150mm f1.8 lens in the 35mm film format, and is one of the highest performance digital lenses that Olympus has ever produced.
The M.ZUIKO DIGITAL ED 75mm f1.8 is designed for studio, stage, sports and fashion/portrait photography. Delivering extraordinarily sharp and clear imaging performance from open aperture, it features an advanced optical design of 10 elements in 9 groups that makes extensive use of premium grade materials including three ED (Extra-low Dispersion) and two HR (high refractive) elements. Its design has been optimised to also provide a smooth rendition of ‘bokeh’ (the appearance of out of focus regions in a picture). Olympus’ highest performance multi-coating, the Zuiko Extra-low Reflectance Optical (ZERO) multicoating is applied to deliver maximum picture contrast and strong flare-resistance.
Olympus’s proven MSC (Movie & Still Compatible) focus drive mechanism enables extremely fast and quiet auto-focusing. A precision-touch focus ring enables fine manual focus control. With a total length of just 6.9 cm, this metal-barrel lens is extremely compact.
The M.Zuiko Digital 75mm ED lens is expected to be available in July 2012 with an RRP of $999.
• 75mm focal length (equivalent to 150mm in the 35mm film format)
• F1.8 aperture with circular blades
• 3 ED and 2 HR lens elements
• Premium multi-coating using Olympus ZERO lens coating technology
• High speed, silent focusing with MSC lens drive technology
• All metal barrel
• Precision manual focus ring
• Compatible with all Micro-Four Thirds standard mount cameras
• Portraiture, Fashion, Stage, Sports and low-light photography applications
• Expected availability in July 2012 with an RRP of $999