This page describes the terms and conditions for using the Websites of Olympus Imaging Australia Pty Ltd and Olympus Australia Pty Ltd displayed at the URLs www.olympus.com.au, www.olympusimaging.com.au and www.exploreyourworld.com.au ("the Websites").
If you use this Website, you are deemed to have assented to these terms and conditions. Note that these terms and conditions of use are subject to change without notice. You are deemed to have assented to any changes when using this Website. Note that the terms and conditions do not apply to any other websites operated by us or our affiliates.
Information contained on the Websites Olympus makes no warranty as to the accuracy, up-to-datedness, utility, or other qualities of the information contained on the Website. Additionally, Olympus may add to, modify, correct, or delete the information on the Website, or suspend or cease the public availability thereof or the like, at its own discretion and without prior notice.
Olympus accepts no liability for any damages suffered as a result of any additions, modifications, corrections, or deletions of the information on the Websites, or the suspension or ceasing of public availability thereto, or the like. The above exclusion of liability shall not apply to the extent the relevant laws may deny such exclusion. In such case Olympus shall be liable to such extent as the laws require.
2. Recommended Browsers
Unless otherwise noted, we recommend that the Websites be viewed using one of the following browsers:
Safari 2.0 or later
Firefox 1.5 or later
Additionally, the following plug-ins and helper applications are needed to access some of the content on the Website. If you do not have these applications installed, please download them from the links below. Note that these plug-ins and helper applications are subject to change without notice.
Unless specifically stated, Olympus or one of its affiliates owns the copyrights to all documents, images, video, audio, programs, and other materials ("the Materials") provided on the Websites, and these copyrights are protected by the copyright laws, treaties, and other laws of each country.
You may view or print the Materials for your own personal, non-commercial use. Any other use or action (including copying, alteration, parsing, public transmission, transfer, loan/lease, licensing, or any commercial use) is prohibited without the prior written consent of Olympus.
This shall not apply, however, if different terms and conditions for use are clearly stated in the Materials.
All OLYMPUS trademarks, logos, names of Olympus products, service marks, and the like on the Websites are the property of Olympus or one of its affiliates. All other names of products and companies are in general property of their respective companies. You must obtain written consent from Olympus before using any Olympus logo mark.
5. Linking to the Websites
Please contact us through our contact us form if you would like to link to the Website. Note that we do not allow links from the following types of sites:
Sites prejudicial to public order and standards of public decency
Sites that could slander or defame specific individuals or groups
Sites that charge users for access to the Websites through linking
Sites that could damage the credibility or trust of Olympus
Such other sites as Olympus may find to be inappropriate
Even if you are given permission to link to the Websites, Olympus may cancel that permission if it deems that the link is inappropriate, due to any subsequent circumstances.
When linking to the Websites, always use a text link (prior written permission is required for using an Olympus logo mark as a link banner). Set up the link so that the Websites appears in its own window, rather than in a frame of the linking page (set the HREF's target option to _blank). Note that links to individual pages may become invalid without notice, due to modifications to the site or server structure.
6. Links to Other Companies' websites
The non-Olympus websites linked from the Websites are managed and operated under the responsibility of their respective corporations or individuals. They are not under the control of Olympus. Olympus accepts no liability for any losses you may incur by using one of the non-Olympus websites. Please use any website linked from the Websites at your own risk, and under the terms and conditions of that site.
Olympus provides the links to these websites for your convenience only, and such links do not indicate that we encourage or endorse the use of those websites or any products or services provided for therein. Furthermore, such links do not necessarily mean that there is any affiliation, cooperation, or other special relationship between Olympus and the corporations/individuals managing/operating those websites.
We assume no liability for any losses or damages incurred by you directly or indirectly other results of your access to the Websites. The above exclusion of liability shall not apply to the extent the relevant laws may deny such exclusion. In such case Olympus shall be liable to such extent as the laws require.
8. Submission of Ideas
In order to avoid any trouble relating to Intellectual Property Rights, Olympus is not obligated to accept or consider any unsolicited information or ideas about technologies, products, services, designs or business from the public ("Idea") through this Olympus Website or otherwise. Nonetheless, if you send Olympus an Idea, Olympus shall deem that you have waived all rights of your Idea and you have agreed that Olympus is free to use your Idea.
Olympus shall be under no obligation to review, evaluate, or adopt your Idea, nor shall Olympus be under obligation to keep your Idea confidential. Also, Olympus shall not be responsible for any payment of compensation or similarities between your Idea and future Olympus products or activities. Please note that Olympus has no obligation to reply to your submission of Idea.
9. Handling of Personal Information
If at some point during your visit to Olympus.com.au you take part in a contest or promotion, order brochures, download documents or other software, or if you choose to contact us for some reason, we may ask for personal information such as your name, address, and e-mail address.
We also may ask you for information about your interests, opinions and background so that we can better interact with you in the future and better understand your needs as a customer. Providing such information is always optional on your part.
When you submit personal information to us, you also may choose to be notified by e-mail about additional products and services offered by Olympus.
All reasonable steps are taken to protect any personal information we hold form misuse and loss and from unauthorised access, modification or disclosure.
When you submit personal information to us, you also choose to be notified by e-mail about additional products and services offered by Olympus.
If you do not wish to receive updates on our products and services, you are able to remove your details from our subscription list via our website.
Some pages on these Websites use a technology called Cookies*. You may make your browser reject Cookies. However, in this case, you may not be able to use some or all of the services on this Website.
* "Cookies" are a small text file sent to you from a Web server, and saved on your computer's hard disk or other storage device by your browser. Since the Web server can identify your computer which received the Cookies we have sent, it allows the Web server to offer you information tailored to you.
11. Applicable Laws
The Websites contain information about products which may or may not be available in any particular country, and if applicable, may have received acceptance or market clearance by a governmental regulatory body for different indications and restrictions in different countries.
Each country has specific laws, regulations and medical practices governing the communication of medical or other information about medical products on the Internet. Nothing herein should be construed as a solicitation or promotion for any product or for an indication for any product which is not authorized by the laws and regulations of the country where the reader resides.
12. Governing Law and Jurisdiction
The terms and conditions on this page shall be governed by and construed in accordance with Australian law. Any disputes arising out of the terms and conditions shall be adjudicated exclusively by the Australian District Court.
13. Questions or Comments about this Page
If you have any questions or comments about this page please contact firstname.lastname@example.org
14. User Details
· If you register details of yourself (“User Details”) in order to access particular areas or features of the Site (such as My Olympus), it is your responsibility to provide accurate and appropriate details and to keep any passwords confidential.
· You are solely responsible for all activities that occur using your User Details
· Olympus is entitled to act on instructions received under your User Details, and you release Olympus from any liability arising from any such action.
15. User Contributions
- Certain areas of the Site (e.g. blogs, competitions, forums etc.) may permit you to submit text, data, photographs, graphics, video or other materials (each a “User Contribution”).
- By submitting a User Contribution, you represent and warrant that:
o You are at least 15 years old;
o you own all rights in your User Contribution;
o you are the individual pictured and/or heard in your User Contribution or, alternatively, you have obtained permission from each person (or, in the case of individuals under the age of 15, consent from his/her parent or guardian) to submit the User Contribution and grant the rights to Olympus described here;
o your User Contribution does not infringe:
- the copyright, trademark, patent, trade secret or other intellectual property rights;
- privacy rights; or
- any other legal or moral rights,
of any third party;
o any information contained in your User Contribution is not known by you to be false, inaccurate or misleading;
o your User Contribution does not violate any law;
o your User Contribution is not, and would not reasonably be considered to be:
- defamatory, libellous or hateful;
- racially, ethnically, religiously or otherwise biased or offensive;
- unlawfully threatening or harassing to any individual, partnership or corporation;
- vulgar, pornographic or obscene;
o your User Contribution does not contain any viruses, worms, spyware, adware or other potentially damaging programs or files;
o your User Contribution does not contain or constitute any unsolicited advertising.
· - By submitting a User Contribution, (subject to any express written statement by Olympus to the contrary):
o you grant to Olympus a perpetual, irrevocable, royalty-free, transferable, non-exclusive, worldwide license (with rights to sub-license) to use, reproduce, modify, adapt, publish and publish your User Contribution, in whole or in part, in any format or medium, in any manner and for any purpose that Olympus deems appropriate in its sole discretion (including, without limitation, commercial purposes such as advertising and promotion); and
o you agree that Olympus may elect (on particular occasions, or always) not to attribute your authorship of your User Contribution in accordance with the moral rights provisions of the Copyright Act 1968.
· - Olympus does not guarantee that you will have recourse through Olympus to edit or delete any content you have submitted. However, Olympus reserves the right to refuse to post or remove any User Contribution for any reason.
· - You understand and agree that your User Contribution will not be subject to any obligation of confidence on the part of Olympus.
· - By submitting your email address in connection with any User Contribution, you agree that Olympus and/or its third party service providers may use your email address to contact you about your User Contribution or for other related administrative purposes.
15. Specific Disclaimers
· Whilst Olympus has no reason to believe that any information contained on the Site is inaccurate, we do not warrant the accuracy, adequacy or completeness of such information, nor do we undertake to keep the Site updated. We do not accept responsibility for loss suffered as a result of reliance by you upon the accuracy or currency of information contained on the Site.
· Features and specifications of products and services described or depicted on, or available for purchase through, the Site are subject to change without notice. Information on the Site has been prepared in accordance with Australian law and may not satisfy the laws of any other country.
· Olympus assumes no responsibility, and shall not be liable, for any damage to your computer equipment or other property due to your access to, or use of the Site or your downloading of any material from the Site.
· Olympus assumes no responsibility, and shall not be liable, for any interruptions or errors in access to the Site or the accuracy, timeliness, completeness, security or reliability of any communications (including, without limitation, any transactions) made through or in relation to the Site.